Gallagher Sales Training Program Manager in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Arthur J.Gallagher & Co. , one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc.(GBS) at http://gallagherbenefits.com/ consistently stands out in a competitive marketplace as an employer of knowledgeable, highly skilled and competitive talent. We are a company that touches businesses and their employees on a personal level. At the core, our job is to help protect the health and well-being of employees and their families and provide for their financial security – all while allowing employers to attract and retain the people they need to grow and succeed. As you consider the value of working for Gallagher Benefit Services, remember your talent, winning attitude and strong performance will be highly valued and will maximize your future potential.
This role is responsible for our Sales Training Curriculum by implementing key programs across the US and Canada. This includes the design, development, implementation, coordination and maintenance of communications and learning programs that enhance the skills, knowledge, abilities and effectiveness of Gallagher Benefit Services employees.
· Collaborates with key division stakeholders to design and recommend solutions that directly support strategic business priorities and needs across the organization
· Designs, facilitates and deploys sales training programs, web based training, performance support tools, job aides, etc
· Successfully markets and communicates learning and development offerings across the division to maximize participation and adoption
· Conducts needs analysis studies and confers with executives and leaders to determine training needs
· Compiles data and analyzes past and current year requirements to prepare and manage budgets
· Selects appropriate instructional procedures and/or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play and web based training to maximize understanding and adoption
· Designs and develops training materials, user manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids and other educational material
· Effectively applies instructional design and adult learning theory to custom learning programs
· Applies project management experience for medium to large complex projects; planning, prioritizing and organizing tasks and key responsibilities
· Partners with vendors to develop and deliver custom learning solutions
· Appropriately manages vendor relationships to deliver custom solutions aligned to learning needs on-time and under-budget
· Effectively sets expectations and provides resources, tools and training for direct reports (if applicable) to maximize employee engagement, performance and retention
Desired Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree with 5 related experience – OR-
· High school diploma/GED plus 10 years related experience
· Minimum of 3 years of Instructional Design experience required
· Advanced planning, organizing and project management skills with strong detail orientation and problem solving skills
· Independently manages multiple tasks and responsibilities for self and team
· Excellent ability to effectively communicate with different audiences from Senior Executives, External Speakers and Partners to program participants in large groups as well as one-on-one interactions.
· Proficient (advanced preferred) with Microsoft Suite, Storyline, Captivate, LMS, SharePoint and Outlook.
· Training, project management and/or process improvement certifications a plus
· Prior success developing and delivering (including facilitating) training solutions across all levels and functions within the organization
· Demonstrates excellence in influencing, teamwork, project management, negotiation and leadership
· Works in a fast paced, changing environment and successfully manages competing priorities
· Periodic travel required
· Able to be flexible when required
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Job: Human Resources
Organization: GBS - Operations
Title: Sales Training Program Manager
Location: Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Requisition ID: 44796